Saturday, February 28, 2009

Nametag Show Down!

Last night at crew bar featured this lineup:

Large African-American Doctor, next to a young South African spa girl, next to me, next to the Romanian Gentleman. The Romanian gentleman and I have a little joke that he will marry me for a green card and divorce me, which I hate, etc. but now it is our joke. So he sat next to me, we did our joke, I told him to marry someone else, he said everyone is terrible because they are Canadian and he wants to go to America. He then said “where are you from?” and reached over and grabbed the nametag of the South African Spa Girl, to check her flag. The Large African-American Doctor said “what’re you doing! Get offa there!” and slapped his hand away, since name tags reside on boobs. The large doctor then said “you’d get shot for doing that in New York” in a particularly threatening, anti-friendly way.  The tension on our bench went to 100%, and the joker Romanian lost his smile completely and got totally still like something very violent was going to happen and stared down the large doctor and said “in my country, you’d get beheaded.”

 

Oh my.

 

 

No comments: