Monday, August 18, 2008

imade again, his last!

Oh my goodness my room steward!

Imade leaves today, he is going off to see his wife and brand new son, which he is very happy about. We had fun chatting again and he said, very reverently, “I hope that you find and live with your lovely one and that you have big family and much happiness.” It would be a lie to say I did not tear up. Unfortunately, he then added darkly “although…so much is unexpected, so...” He said I would find my lovely one because I have so many fans because I work in the theatre. He usually has 2 beers post work and now was on beer number 5, so we can cut him a break. Although he said pretty classic things like he told me that this week he has a guest who is a very large, very big&tall man who…wets his bed every night and blames it on his son. Every day “we have to change the mattress! We are running out of mattresses!” To give you an idea of their workload, they do 32 rooms in 3 hours. So about 6 minutes a room, unless someone is peeing once per night in bed—“that add 20 minutes to change mattress! I get so pissed off Megan!”

He told me how much he is excited to see his wife and his son and that he hopes I will be happy because I have good energy and must keep my spirits up. I told him he must keep his up also and he is a good one, to which he informed me “most people are liars” which was upsetting and “I do not have a girlfriend on the ship” and explained how difficult it is not to have a girlfriend, but he didn’t think he could because his wife is pregnant at home, but he hates talking to girls in the crew mess when they ask him “are you married?” “and I say…ooooh! Yes! I am married!” and then he has no girlfriend, but it is okay because he loves his wife so much although who knows, people can change, “just like that,” which was very upsetting. Then he said his wife asked “do you have girlfriend!” and he said no and she said “you can have girlfriend, just don’t bring her home” which was also confusing and upsetting. He said “I will send you puppet!” and I gave him my address, which I hope is okay considering when I said “you’re so nice,” he said “you barely know me!” although I do know that he was a drug runner for the Chinese and thinks everyone lies and likes his wife because she is simple and honest and makes him “be honest too.” (pronounce the h). So hopefully he is not a liar or confusing, even though he and the other room steward told my roommate and I we looked “very sexy” kinda juuuust too much, like after working out, etc. and would ask us how many hours we work, which I would not tell him. Otherwise, my parents are going to get a bomb in the mail and he is going to sell my information to the Indonesian mob. So.

His replacement is “a gay from the Phillipines. He is short and very round and you have to call him ‘Babes.’” Even though his real name is like Daniel or something. So that should be fun.

I said “you work hard” to which he said, immediately with no pause: “Hardly Working!” like he is not a guy from Bali in a uniform post-5 beers, but a guy in a Dilbert cartoon.

Also, people from Bali roll their r’s. Very interesting.

No comments: