Friday, August 29, 2008

"I'm Screaming!!!"

Possibly my favorite quote so far by a kid running down the hall screaming and laughing is “I’M SCREAMIIIIING!”

When the kids run down the hallway, which seriously, is all the time, usually someone gets annoyed. Castmate and I were watching season one of the Sopranos all day because heh, that’s what you do. A gaggle of kids were running down the hallway, obviously, and fell into our door or pounded on it or something. Sam (castmate) got furious and opened the door to shut them up. Apparently an older woman was out in the hallway, who had just yelled at them. She said she told them they better stop running down the hallway (never going to happen) or she’d call security. She told Sam, “you know what they said to me? ‘Eat me.’ Can you believe it? ‘Eat me.’”

Another delightful moment today happened when I walked up to the 12th floor from the 10th floor. We have elevators that are creative about when they will stop on your floor or when they will open or whether or not you will wait 5 minutes for an elevator. The elevator didn’t stop for this woman who then said “ugh, forget it!” and we both walked up the stairs. She got to the top and said “Well. Heart attack city.” Please note it was two flights of stairs.

I pressed the up button on an elevator, but got confused because my brain has gotten so tiny, and got out, then pressed the up button again. As soon as I got out and the door was shutting, the rather husky 12 year old “ripped a fart” as I believe he would say it. The door opened again. I took the stairs.

No comments: