Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Spirit Commenceth

Day 1, back on board a new ship.

This time it is the Norwegian Spirit, a ship my old castmate Becky used to worship because she loved it so much. I am sad to say I can understand why a little bit, particularly compared to the last one. Which means I am turning into someone who compares cruise ships. Cue slow metamorphosis into the audience.

At the port today, the guy on the elevator flipped out that we got to go away for 4 months. “Let me guess, SINGLE, SINGLE, SINGLE, SINGLE, SINGLE.” We said “heh heh heh um.”

All cruise directors are now required to take a picture where they are dressed in all white and are wearing angel wings. This is all across the board. This is hilarious. It used to be dignified and boring pictures like from a stuffy business.

I am having déjà vu.

1 comment:

Jen & Larrance on a Ship said...

Megan - just found your blog. read all of it. laughed and saw similar experiences. yes.
Also found the Brick blog - bar harbor is empty after columbus day - haaaaayyyy!