Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Mexico City Airport

Hey guys!!!!!! what's uuuuuuuuuuuuup!!!!!!!!! Just a quick question, just wondering if anyone needs a research subject for:

nonsense organization
something that makes no sense
utter disarray
a clusterfock
throwing a bunch of ideas in the air and whatever lands, saying "that's how we'll make our airport"

????????

Once upon a time I worked for a very messy sewing store and when I would try to group things, I was told, no don't do that, the idea of retail is that you make people look for things, that way they interact with more products and then get distracted and buy more. I should note this store went out of business because it lost so much money. I passed about 40000000000 duty free shops and was very friendly offered "tequila!" etc. and saw a lot of cops running around/riding around on their cocky Segways. This thing is laid out like they are trying to break you. There is no indication where ticket windows are, for some reason, gates 1-15 are upstairs, customs is downstairs, I am stopped every several feet by people in hats who are also cagey and weird. Many gates are in a line and/or exist with no sign so that to find gate 15, I had to follow signs for gates 19-36, and when I indicated that this was confusing they indicated that it was obvious. Then, upon arriving to gate 15, I was informed that I needed to go to gate B, which is upstairs from upstairs (and p.s. there are like 2 stairways for this whole terminal), upon which there is no sign for gate B, but they informed me it was obviously gate B and it is also obvious not to have a gate assignement for a flight that leaves in an hour and a half and I am to wait around for the announcement. AWESOME!

Additionally, the AWESOME airport has wildly fluctuating temperatures, so that this morning I was shivering and had on everything I could possibly wear, and now it's roasting, and it changes by hall.

They are trying to kill me. I am now going to go to gate 24 from my gate B, which oh, p.s., is next to gate....what would be logical? oh right T. Gate T. You know how it is in the alphabet, ABTCDEFG etc.?? This will be lap #3. They are trying to kill me.

1 comment:

1526 said...

I laughed so hard at this I woke Josh up.